Dylan and Rainey absolutely love this baked cookie treat. You can serve it as is, or if you are feeling extra festive, you can decorate it. We use a bit of freshly whipped cream on top for special occasions.
Just remember that this is only intended to be given as a special treat or snack. Treats should only constitute a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet is sensitive to fats, has any other health issues, or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this peanut butter dog biscuit.
Did you know that February 23rd is National Dog Biscuit Day?! Well, what a great excuse to whip up a batch of these cookies for your favorite pup. Or if you want to make shaped cookies, you can make our peanut butter banana dog treats. The great thing about baking for dogs is that they will pretty much love whatever you make them.
Peanut Butter Blueberry Skillet Dog CookieDylan & Rainey
- ¼ cup natural applesauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup coconut oil, separated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1½ cups unbleached flour
- 3 Tbsp blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease cast iron skillet with 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil
- Beat remaining oil with applesauce, egg, honey, and peanut butter until well combined and smooth
- Stir in flour and mix until you form a soft dough (you may need a little extra flour to get the desired consistency)
- Spread mixture into cast iron skillet and press down to evenly cover the skillet
- Sprinkle blueberries on top and then press them gently into the dough
- Bake for about an hour until brown then cool on a wire rack