We know that you love to spoil you best four-legged friends. And there is nothing easier than whipping up some homemade treats. And the great thing about this frozen dog treat recipe is that the combinations are endless when you learn this basic base recipe.
What is even better is that you can tailor the recipe to make them tasty for yourself as well. These will become a favorite all-year long (there is never a bad time for a frozen treat) for both you and your pup.
Frozen Dog Treat RecipesDylan & Rainey
Frozen Treat Base
- ½ cup solid coconut oil
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- pinch ground cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt whisk lightly
- In a medium bowl, microwave coconut oil and peanut butter together for 30 seconds.
- Whisk and continue to microwave until melted and smooth.
- Add cinnamon and honey and whisk until combined.
- Layer silicone muffin molds with peanut butter mix, blueberries, yogurt, and pumpkin. Use your creativity and mix and match ingredients you add into peanut butter mix.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- whole frozen blueberries with peanut butter mix
- first add peanut butter mix, then blueberry puree (microwave blueberries with a little bit of water and then puree until smooth)
- first add Greek yogurt and then peanut butter mix
- first add Greek yogurt, then peanut butter mix, and then blueberry puree
- first add pumpkin puree and then peanut butter mix
This frozen dog treat recipe should not be used every day. Treats should only be given on special occasions. And shouldn’t replace a proper balanced meal. You don’t want to end up with a chubby puppy. It’s easy to overfeed your best buddy, especially when they are giving you “that look.” They are such good boys and girls and deserve lots of treats. Maybe take them for an extra walk to something to compensate.
We like to make our own food for our dogs so that we can monitor all the ingredients that good into our dogs’ food. We like to use all-natural and organic products whenever possible. Not all food products are good for your dog. You should always check to see when ingredients are safe to give your dog.