Dylan and Rainey love to run and play in the yard, even if it’s hot out. But, they don’t always seem to drink too much water to cool down. So, we like to give them frozen treats, like these blueberry chicken pup pops, to help they cool down and take some time to relax.
These treats are super easy to make and you can experiment with different fruit combinations. Besides blueberries, apples, bananas, mangos, and strawberries are good options. And instead of water, you can try coconut oil or bone broth. Here are some ideas for dog-safe foods, you can go crazy and experiment with the recipe. Dogs make great taste testers!!
Blueberry Chicken Pup PopsDylan & Rainey
- Silicone mold
- Cookie sheet
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2.5 oz jar of baby food, chicken
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Step 1: Blend all ingredients in a blender until well blended.
- Step 2: Lay molds on a cookie sheet for stability.
- Step 3: Pour mixture into molds.
- Step 4: Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours or until fully frozen.
Just remember that these are just treats and shouldn’t replace a proper balanced meal. Treats should make up less that 5% of your dog’s daily diet. You don’t want to end up with a chubby puppy. It’s easy to overfeed them though as they are such good boys and girls and deserve lots of treats.