Dylan and Rainey love carrots and anything homemade. We like to add vegetables into their diets. And using the air fryer makes cooking for them easier. They just love these air fryer liver and carrot fries. And they are just so simple and easy to make.
These treats are super easy to make and you can experiment with different vegetables if you want—maybe bell peppers, green beans, or sweet potatoes. And instead of olive oil, you can try coconut oil. Here are some ideas for dog-safe foods, you can go crazy and experiment with the recipe. Dogs make great taste testers!!
Air Fryer Liver Carrot Fries For DogsDylan & Rainey
- Air Fryer
- 3–4 Carrots, small (or 1–2 larger ones)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Liver Powder/Sprinkles
- Slices carrots into small sticks (about the size of shoestring fries).
- Lightly coat the carrots in oil.
- Roll the oiled carrots in the liver powder.
- Place prepared carrot sticks on an air fryer tray. Make sure they do not overlap.
- Place the tray in the air fryer and cook at 190°F for 15 minutes. They will not be dried out at this stage just more of a fry-type consistency. If you want them to be dryer, you can cook them longer time at a lower temperature.
Just remember that these are just treats and shouldn’t replace a proper balanced meal. Treats should make up less that 5% of your dog’s daily diet. You don’t want to end up with a chubby puppy. It’s easy to overfeed them though as they are such good boys and girls and deserve lots of treats.